Monotubs are the easiest and most cost-effective way to scale up your indoor mushroom grow! They can be used as enclosed beds to house substrate and spawn for top-fruiting mushrooms. Or, they can be used as grow chambers for fruiting blocks and kits.
Our beginner-friendly Boomr Bin Mushroom Monotub makes mushroom growing easy. Created by mycologists, its patent-pending design is optimized for all growers – whether you prefer low-tech grows, or want to connect automated upgrades (like fresh air fans and humidity controls.) Its modular design accepts automated air exchange and humidification systems. Plus, it's also made with food-grade materials that are FDA-approved for contact with consumables.
Boomr Bin features:
- Compact durable design holds up to 20 pounds of substrate.
- Latches attached to base to prevent lid from popping off when picking up.
- Extra large latches with recessed grips for easy lifting and transport.
- Large rounded corners for easy cleaning and fewer places for contaminants to hide.
- Row of 1” holes placed lower in the lid to prevent fuzzy stems.
- Black light-blocking base helps colonization and aids in preventing side pinning.
- Dimensions: 22”(W) x 15”(D) x 11”(H)
Spawn to bulk ratio:
We recommended mixing 1 colonized grain spawn bag with 2-3 Boomr Bags. (Higher inoculation rates may improve your success.)
IMPORTANT: Coco coir should only be added once the Boomr Bin is fully colonized and pins begin to form. Only a thin layer of coco coir (approx. 1/2 inch) is necessary.
New to monotubs?
⮕ Monotub Tek Method Set Up & Grow Guide
Scroll down for monotub FAQs and cleaning instructions.
We recommend cleaning your monotub between each use to keep all surfaces as sterile as possible.
- Wipe down all surfaces to remove dirt and spores with a soft cloth soaked in warm water.
- Sanitize by spraying with a 70% isopropyl alcohol solution inside and out.
- DO NOT use bleach or abrasives.